Saturday, December 13, 2008

The Flow Is Athletic (wait, no its not!)

Renaldo "Swiperboy" Woolridge, the Tennessee freshman and son of former NBA player Orlando Woolridge, is a burgeoning rapper.

The kid makes his own music, which can be viewed at www.myspace.com/rwtheanswer

I haven't heard any of his stuff yet, so let me know if he's nice or not. I'm guessing if he is actually good (which would be a fucking miracle!) he can be the first athlete to master both worlds (my bad Troy Hudson, or T-Hud, I know DIME hyped you up to be the truth behind the mic). If Wooldridge, AKA Swiperboy, AKA The Answer, doesn't pan out, however, he can always fall back on ball.

Shaq, I don't mean to hate on your brolick, crowd-pleasing ass either.

But seriously, there seems to be a dearth of athletes that can tear a mic into shreds these days. Actually, it's always been that way--though Cam'ron definitely should have considered playing major D-I ball and balancing both arts.

Maybe I just haven't heard enough of these guys that spit on myspace and try to push records on city corners.

Don't get it twisted, though, the Blood Brothers are legit!

Ed Nelson, the former G-Tech/UConn Husky basketball player who entertained NFL draft thoughts, is not.

Google: Ed Nelson "Pick Up" truck. I think you'll be in strong agreement with me if you have the tolerance to listen to his one major hit (amongst the Husky faithful, that is).Oh, and Ron Artest's album was straight garbage.

Please Ron, let Nas continue his reign as the voice of Queens. Stick to employing lock-down defense and sticking treys from beyond the confines of the arc.

Oh, and let's not forget about Kobe's album. To paraphrase Cashin, that shit was weak like Chinese tea. It was, in my eyes, weak like the chances of Jenna Jameson practicing sexual abstinence (being a titanic fan of her work, let's hope that never happens). I mean let's not forget, Kobe is about as Hood as Riverdale, N.Y. Don't sleep on the prep school product who scorches the mic just like he does the nets.


-SMIZZ

No comments: